Studying in Sydney
Moving to Sydney to continue your studies is very exciting. You can join thousands of other students who are living and studying in our great city.
You might need some help to make the move a little easier.
- ESOS Framework – (Government information about your rights and responsibilities studying in Australia. The page includes a link to the ESOS Act which is the legislation covering International Students in Australia).
- Health Insurance – for information about Overseas Student Health Cover, which every international student needs in Australia, look at the Australian Government site, Study in Australia.
- Living Expenses – Useful government information on the cost of living in Australia for international students.
- The Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman – investigates complaints that international students have with private education providers.
- Visas – for information about Student Visas, go to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.
- Health services – The International Student Health Hub was developed to improve access to sexual and reproductive health information and services for international students, see the NSW Governement Health website: About | International Students Health Hub (nsw.gov.au)
Living in Sydney can be great but you might need some help to find a great place to live.
The Australian School of Accounting area has a wide variety of accommodation, to suit all tastes. From high-rise apartments to free-standing houses, you should be able to find somewhere comfortable to call home for your stay.
Here are some links that might help to get you started, and might help you to understand what you can expect.