- Designation: Academic Team
- Company: Australian School of Accounting
- Address: L9/140 Elizabeth Street
- City: Sydney
- State: NSW
- Country: Australia
- Phone: 1300672076
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://wwww.asahe.edu.au
Since March of 2018 Dr Shafiqur Khan has been employed at the Federation University IIBIT in Sydney in the roles of Lecturer and Program Coordinator. Prior to that, he was a Lecturer at Macquarie Law School from March 2014 to December 2018, during which time he also served as the Unit Convener. Dr Shafiqur Khan attended the University of Chittagong in Bangladesh and earned both a Bachelor of Law with Honors (LLB Honours) and a Master of Laws (LLM). He earned a second Master of Laws degree from the University of Lund in Sweden, this time in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law. In 2017, Dr Shafiqur Khan completed his doctoral studies in law at Macquarie University in Australia. The dissertation for the doctoral program was in the area of international trade law (Global Agricultural Trade Liberalisation and Its Impact on Bangladesh). Dr Shafiqur Khan has extensive expertise working in a variety of fields, including academia, development, and research in both Asia and Australia. He was awarded a scholarship from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) to pursue a Master of Laws degree in International Human Rights Law. In addition, in 2013, he was awarded the coveted MQRES scholarship, which enabled me to pursue my doctoral studies at Macquarie University’s Macquarie School of Law.
- Dr Shafiqur Khan has 11 academic publications in academic journals (see attached CV), two book chapters, and has delivered several major government and stakeholders reports. He has also given numerous presentations at national and international conferences.
- In his role as a consultant for UNHCR, he delivered a 40-page background document to senior academics and executives on the Rohingya (Myanmar) Refugees, challenges and resettlement at the international level. Included were his collation, synthesis and analysis of different situations. He hs also given oral briefings to the officials of UNHCR and prepared background intelligence documents.
- He has a demonstrated track record of research in the area of international law, international trade law, human rights law through my PhD and as an academic, having more than thirteen different publications in peer reviewed journals and book chapters.
- Dr Shafiqur Khan has a strong track record in securing grants for his own research and also in supporting the grant applications of researchers, e. SMART Project at Oslo University, Norway, where he has contributed as a advisory board member.