Studying in Sydney
Studying in Sydney is a unique and exciting opportunity like none other. The city was recently voted the world’s most friendliest and most culturally diverse. With some of the nicest people on earth, Sydney also offers great weather, beautiful beaches, a constant calendar full of bustling events and has an incredibly convenient transport system. We can guarantee that studying in Sydney at The Australian School of Accounting will be one of the best experiences of your life! To find out more about whats happening in Sydney visit the Whats On, City of Sydney website.
We recommend to all international students that they consider living in student specific accomodation. Independant student accomodation providers offer a range of ammenities, convenience and communities for international students. Student specific accomodation provides opportunities to make friends from all over!
Some of the top independant student accomodation providers in Sydney that are close to The Australian School of Accounting’s campus are:
- Iglu – https://iglu.com.au/compare-iglus/?q=sydney
- Scape – https://www.scape.com.au/student-accommodation-sydney/
- UniLodge – https://www.unilodge.com.au/student-accommodation-sydney
Top Tips for finding student accommodation:
- Compare and contrast all student accomodation via the Student.com.au website to find the best fit for you!
- Use the map function for the easiest way to compare price and location! https://www.student.com/au/sydney
Sydney’s Public Transport
Sydney has such a convenient and easy to use transport system made up of buses, trams, trains, ferries and light-rails.
To use Sydney’s public transport you must have an Opal card. Click here to find out where you can get an Opal card, concession prices, and more.
We’re so lucky to have a wide student population! This also means that Sydney has a bustling event calendar, including student specific events.
If you’re looking for things to do or ways to meet people we suggest checking the below websites out!
- I Heart Uni for student specific events
- Sydney.com for general events
- Eventbrite for both Student and general events
- Whats On (Sydney) for both Student and general events and a weekly newsletter to keep you up to date
For student exclusive discounts on clothing, food, lifestyle, and health and beauty products sign up to UniDays. UniDays offers student exclusive codes that you can use at stores or when online shopping.
You can download the UniDays app here or browse online here.
Job Search in Sydney
Needing to find a part time job for some money while you study? The below websites are widely used across Australia for casual and part-time work.
- Indeed Job Search
- Seek Job Search
- Student Job Board for casual and part-time jobs for international students in Sydney
- The Australian Government Job Search
Before applying for work check your Australian Student Visa rules to ensure you’re allowed to work and are clear on any rules before you start looking for a job.
If you have questions about your pay and conditions at work you can visit fairwork.gov.au for help.
Hot Sydney Tip:
Not sure what to pack, where to day trip or which restaurants, cafe’s and markets to visit? Head over to https://www.australia.com/en-in/places/sydney-and-surrounds/guide-to-sydney.html for all you need to know about Sydney before departing on your big adventure!